NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
posted Apr 30, 2022, 5:10 AM
After more or less being able to resume normal activities this year (yay!), it is time to take care of some of the more mundane but extremely important business of reporting to the membership and choosing who will be managing the Canmore Skating Club next year.
This email serves as the notice to members that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Canmore Skating Club will be held on Wednesday, May 18, 2022, via Zoom Video Conference from 7:00-7:30 pm. We request that all eligible voting members attend (parent/guardian for underage members) as we would love to secure quorum early in the proceedings.
Details of the Zoom meeting ID are below. Those that may not be familiar with Zoom can find more information here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806-Top-Questions. Zoom is available on most computer and mobile platforms.
The order of business for the meeting will be as follows;
- Reading of the Notice of the Meeting
- Approval of Agenda
- Minutes of the preceding General/Special meeting
- Confirmation of the actions taken by the Board of Directors
- Secretary’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report (Annual Financial Statement)
- Other Reports
- Presentation of Awards
- Election of Board of Directors
- Amendments to the Bylaws (none to present this year)
- Appointment of two auditors
- New Business
As stated in the By-laws, there will be elections of directors on a yearly basis. Positions are President, Vice-president, Secretary, Treasurer, Programming Director, Membership Director and Special Projects Director. Please consider giving your time to the administration of this wonderful club. Nominations for any position can be presented in writing up to three days prior to the AGM with no nominations being accepted from the floor.
Thank you for your support over this past year and I hope you will attend the meeting on May 18th.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 922 9557 6663
BANFF MARATHON FUNDRAISER
posted Apr 29, 2022, 8:55 PM
The Canmore and Banff Skating Clubs have been given the opportunity to volunteer at the Banff Marathon in June. Volunteering at this community event is lots of fun! It also brings in fundraising dollars to our awesome Skating Clubs which allows us to keep doing what we do.
If you are available on Sunday June 19th come join us at the Marathon.
Be sure to sign up for the slots specifically designated to the Banff Skating Club:
- Aid Station # 5 (Banff Skating Club)
- Banff Skating Club Marshal Full Day
- Banff Skating Club Marshal Half Day AM
- Banff Skating Club Marshal Half Day PM
- Aid Station is a great place for a family, as the kids can help out.
- Marshals need to be 15+.
ALL VOLUNTEERS RECEIVE:
- a technical race shirt
- Lunch and snacks on race day
- Entered in to a draw for $3000 in prizes
- a free bowling party on the Monday after the race
WINNER OF THE STARS ON ICE TICKETS
posted Apr 14, 2022, 10:51 PM
Congratulation to Rebekah Bugtong - the lucky winner of the pair of tickets to STARS ON ICE 2022 in Calgary at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Saturday, May 14, 7:30pm.